This keto Mexican casserole is similar to a low carbohydrate shepherd's pie having a Mexican twist!
Spicy soil beef topped with a cheesy mashed potato-like topping makes this a very tasty and also comforting dish.
Keto casserole recipe is an easy dinner idea that the entire family will enjoy. It’s loaded with ground beef, topped with cheese, and then baked in the oven.
Enjoy the taste of tacos without the carbs!
As a matter of fact, while I enjoy this casserole as apart of my keto diet – my family loves it too! They still use chips to scoop up the casserole when they want to, so they don’t mind it at all!
The topping for this particular recipe does not involve some cauliflower at all. Actually, it is produced from very typical ingredients you likely have in your home today.
Everything you will need is a bit of water, almond flour, butter, almond milk, and cheese!
The best way to Make KETO MEXICAN CASSEROLE
This easy recipe will come together by cooking the soil beef filling, setting up the topping, consequently baking for about half an hour.
For starters, we will prepare the materials because of the soil beef filling:
Then, incorporate the topping substances on the stove:
We will complete prepping the casserole and put it inside the oven to bake:
- 1Spread the topping combination consistently above the soil beef combination.
- 2Sprinkle the leftover cheese on top.
- 3Place the casserole inside the oven as well as bake at 350°F for approximately 25 to thirty minutes, before the cheese is completely melted and just starting to turn golden.
Keto Mexican Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 20 ounces tomatoes & green chilis
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 120 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh whole butter 60 ml
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour 360 mL
- 1 pound cheddar cheese grated
- Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until beef is browned.
- Add canned tomatoes and remaining spices.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour out into 9×13 baking pan.
- Place medium-sized saucepan on the stove with the water, almond milk, and butter. Bring to a slow simmer.
- Whisk the almond flour into the simmering almond-water mixture.
- Whisk in half of the grated cheddar cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper.
- The almond flour mixture should be roughly the consistency of mashed potatoes. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water or almond milk. If it’s too thin, sprinkle in a bit more almond flour.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the almond flour mixture.
- Bake at 350F (177C) for about 25 to 30 minutes
Note: If you found this post useful, you might want to save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Keto Dinner board to check the post later when new updates are announced.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.